The McMillan Theatre’s main auditorium is a sight to behold, and can be hired and used for a variety of events.
It has a capacity of 180 – 600, depending on layout, and is very flexible so can be set up in the following ways: Performances, conferences, award events, standing concerts, films, talks and receptions.
End on theatre style tiered seating
- 350 capacity
- 176 in the Stalls
- 77 in First Circle
- 102 in Upper Circle
Cabaret style seated at round tables
- 200 capacity
- Seated at round tables
- Up to 10 per table
- 180 capacity if table service catering is used
- An extra 179 seats available in First and Upper Circle
Concert style (standing)
- 600 capacity
- Up to 450 standing
- 150 seats available in First and Upper Circle
Hire charge: from £450 + VAT.
Please contact us for community hires.
- Five hours’ access to Main Auditorium and backstage facilities (including set-up, rehearsals, sound checking, lighting plot, performances and get-out)
- One technician to operate lighting or sound (more technicians are available upon request)
- Seating and/or tables laid out
- Basic speech PA
- Duty manager and front of house volunteers to operate the venue
- Staffed bar, opens 45 minutes before performance, is open during the interval and 20 minutes after the performance
- Brochure entry in The McMillan Theatre season brochure (subject to copy deadline)
- Website listing
- Additional rehearsal time
- Box Office commission (negotiable) for running a box with online ticket sales for your event
- Merchandise sales commission on all sales
- Additional cleaning (if required)
- PRS charge if applicable
- Professional security staff if applicable
- Equipment: radio mics, moving light fixtures, hazer/smoke machine, and staging, projector.
- Furniture: round tables and chairs for cabaret style seating
For more information and to book a tour time, contact the Theatre Manager, Anthony Bruton on 01278 558020 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org