At The McMillan Theatre we are firmly committed to enabling all our customers to participate in our events equally and with dignity and respect. We aim to be accessible to all, showing a varied programme of events and providing special facilities to meet the needs of all our customers.
Please let the Box Office know when booking your seats if you or any of your party have specific access requirements, to enable us to meet your needs. The Box Office and the Front of House staff are available and happy to help whenever possible.
The Theatre’s access facilities and services include:
- Three disabled parking spaces situated directly outside the Theatre, as well as ground floor parking in our car park.
- Electric sliding doors at the main entrance, entering to Box Office level.
- An accessible lift which links the foyer, Dance Studio, exhibition spaces and the Auditorium at first circle level (not the upper circle).
- An accessible toilet adjacent to our accessible seating.
- An in-seat interval drinks service (upon request).
- An infra-red audio enhancement system (headsets available from the Box Office for a £5 refundable deposit).
- Large print or audio format Theatre brochure (upon request).
- Concessionary ticket for a customer requiring a carer to be in attendance* (subject to availability). *This policy is for customers who use wheelchairs and those who are unable to independently move around and experience/access all areas and services within the Theatre without direct help.