At The McMillan Theatre we are firmly committed to enabling all our customers to participate in our events equally and with dignity and respect. We aim to be accessible to all, showing a varied programme of events and providing special facilities to meet the needs of our customers.
Please let the Box Office know when booking your seats if you or any of your party have specific access requirements, to enable us to meet your needs. The Box Office and the Front of House staff are available and happy to help whenever possible.
The Theatre’s access facilities and services include:
- Three disabled parking spaces situated directly outside the Theatre, as well as ground floor parking in our car park.
- Electric sliding doors at the main entrance, entering to Box Office level.
- An accessible lift which links the Foyer/Bar, Studio, exhibition space and the Auditorium at First Circle level (not the Upper Circle).
- An accessible toilet adjacent to our accessible seating on the First Circle.
- An in-seat interval drinks service (upon request).
- An infra-red audio enhancement system (headsets available from the Box Office).
- Large print format Theatre brochure (upon request).
- Concessionary ticket for a customer requiring a carer to be in attendance* (subject to availability). *This policy is for customers who use wheelchairs and those who are unable to independently move around and experience/access all areas and services within the Theatre without direct help.
Please note ‘The Theatre Management reserves the right to make adjustments to the seating allocation in the accessible seating area to comply with Fire Evacuation and Health & Safety guidelines’
- Seating in the Upper Circle is accessed via a flight of stairs and is not suitable for customers with mobility needs.
- Seating in the sides of the First Circle (L1-10 and L28-37) have a 90° view across to the stage with reduced leg room.
- The Bench Seats in the First Circle (N1-8 and N19-26) consist of a pair of padded bench seats, higher than a normal seat with a padded back and a footrest. These seats have a restricted view and are not suitable for customers with mobility needs.